Eco-volunteering: see our Blog
We invite you to take part in Muringa Farm activities in Subukia, and discover an authentic and wild Kenya, while contributing towards
farm animals and wildlife protection.
A concept in between eco-volunteering and useful and responsible tourism.
Your participation will help us:
- to take a census and study wild animals behaviour in a protected area, for conservation purposes.
- to involve local populations in the environment and wildlife protection, but also farm animals protection, favouring good treatments
and behaviour through education.
- to take a census and identify the indigenous and rare trees, and their medicinal use, in order to conserve and protect the forest.
- to maintain and develop the educational farm for children, in order to sensitize them to the protection, care and attention required by
- to spread around Europe and elsewhere the message of “ASES”, a French association founded by Erick’s mother, and find other
sponsors able to help Subukia’s orphan and refugee children, providing them with schooling, food, uniforms etc.
We have programmes for 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, even more. All year round.
The persons in charge of the project are: Astrid, a veterinarian and biologist, director of the project, Edwin, a
guide, specialised in African wildlife, and Erick, co-director.
Age indifferent (adults or teenagers accompagnied by an adult). Good notions of English.
Adaptability, capacity to live in a group, spirit of initiative, passion for nature, domestic and wild animals, real wish to discover Africa
and its inhabitants.
Are welcome students or persons working in the following fields: veterinary medicine, biology, environment, tourism, eco-ethology,
caretakers, veterinary assistants...but also all kind of activities related to animals, nature protection, flora and fauna conservation,
horses, the public in general, children, local population study...
But of course everybody can apply, the main thing is to be motivated! Read more...